Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ten Food Facts About Me

  1. I want my house to be a place where people show up at any hour because they know they are welcome and they will get something tasty to eat.
  2. When I bake a cake, it often ends up flat and hard. This doesn’t stop me from trying.
  3. I love roasted and salted sunflower seeds, but I don’t buy them a lot because it is only too easy to polish off a whole bag in one sitting.
  4. Eating 100% sheep’s milk feta gives me a funny, tingly feeling in my mouth.
  5. I believe in talking to my food. Sometimes I wave at it when it is in the oven.
  6. On 31 December (27 months after we started dating), my man cooked me (and four others) the leg of lamb he talked about the first time we had a real conversation.
  7. Cheese fondue is one of my favorite foods.
  8. My lunch often consists of peanut butter sandwiches these days, but I want to be the kind of person who packs salads and left-over soup to bring to work.
  9. Cheese croissants, rolled by my parents from a Danerole can and fresh from the oven, were one of my favorite breakfasts as a child. I never get the same taste when I make them myself.
  10. I adore eating scallops, but I have never yet cooked them myself.

No comments: