Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dinner for Eight


It is 1 pm and so far today I have:
  • Pressed ten cloves of garlic to a pulp
  • Mixed them into a marinade with buttermilk, soy sauce and mustard
  • Hacked away at a pile of chicken legs + thighs to separate them- there was raw chicken on the wall at some point
  • Used the marinade to cover the chicken- and also my counter top because the plastic bag I was using had a hole I failed to notice
  • Made a trip to Ikea
  • When done shopping at Ikea, I almost killed someone
  • Yup
  • Dropped two containers on his head from a floor above
  • Luckily, he had a sturdy skull and just rubbed his head a bit before going merrily on his way

I think I should not tempt fate and give you any recipes today. Odds are I’ll mess up the directions and make an attempt on your life too. Instead, I’ll just tell you what seven guests and I are having for dinner tonight (while sitting on my new Ikea foldable chairs). Then next week, I will share some of the recipes with you.

David Lebovitz’ cheese puffs and green olives with garlic

Nigella Lawson’s Lebanese moussaka (ingredients pictured above)

Nigella Lawson’s super-juicy chicken

Moroccan-style bread

Salad with pomegranate and walnuts

Nigella Lawson’s poached dried apricots with crème fraiche

Hope you have a garlicky Sunday too!

No comments: